This Page

has been moved to new address

My first Shredhead post, complete with photos: Because nobody reads blogs on Saturday, right?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots.gif") 50% 0; margin:0; padding:0 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_3dots.gif") no-repeat 250px 50px; width:700px; margin:0 auto; padding:50px 0; text-align:left; } #main { width:450px; float:right; padding:50px 0 20px; font-size:85%; } #main2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots2.gif") -100px -100px; padding:20px 10px 15px; } #sidebar { width:200px; float:left; font-size:85%; padding-bottom:20px; } #sidebar2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots2.gif") 150px -50px; padding:5px 10px 15px; width:200px; width/* */:/**/180px; width: /**/180px; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar2 { width:100%; } } html>body #main, html>body #sidebar { /* We only give this fade from white to nothing to browsers that can handle 24-bit transparent PNGs */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_white_fade.png") repeat-x left bottom; } /* Title & Description ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #blog-title { margin:0 0 .5em; font:250%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#353; } #blog-title a { color:#353; text-decoration:none; } #description { margin:0 0 1.75em; color:#996; } #blog-mobile-title { display:none; } #description-mobile { display:none; } } @media handheld { #blog-title { display:none; } #description { display:none; } #blog-mobile-title { display:block; margin:0 0 .5em; font:250%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#353; } #blog-mobile-title a { color:#353; text-decoration:none; } #description-mobile { display:block; margin:0 0 1.75em; color:#996; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#488; } a:visited { color:#885; } a:hover { color:#000; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.35em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font:95%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.3em; color:#663; } .post { margin:0 0 2.5em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-title { margin:.25em 0; font:bold 130%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } .post-title a, .post-title strong { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_post_title.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; display:block; color:#333; text-decoration:none; padding:0 0 1px 45px; } .post-title a:hover { color:#000; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { margin:0; text-align:right; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; color:#996; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #cca; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; border-top:1px dotted #9b9; padding-top:.5em; font:bold 110%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } #comments-block { line-height:1.6em; } .comment-poster { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .35em; margin:.5em 0 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#996; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#996; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* More Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { margin:2em 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.35em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font:95%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.3em; color:#663; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } #sidebar ul { margin:.5em 0 1em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bullet.gif") no-repeat 3px .45em; margin:0; padding:0 0 5px 15px; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-datablock { margin:0 0 1em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 8px 5px 0; border:4px solid #cc9; } .profile-data { margin:0; line-height:1.5em; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } .profile-textblock { clear:left; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; padding:15px 0 0; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding-left: 20px }

Fairly Odd Mother

Frantically waving my magic wand to make wishes come true.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

My first Shredhead post, complete with photos: Because nobody reads blogs on Saturday, right?

I've really been stalling on this one.

When Kristen announced her new "get fit fast" plan for the month of March, I was intrigued. I had just started exercising again, but any little thing could derail me from exercising (too tired, too cold, too early, too late, headache, backache, planets out of alignment, etc). Knowing I'd be doing this program with a bunch of other awesome women gave me a little push.

Plus, I had never even heard of the 30-Day Shred workout, but after hearing that twenty minutes a day is all it takes? Srsly? Sign me up!

What stalled me was that many of those participating were posting "before" photos. Uhhhhhhhhh.

It's not that I think I'm overweight. In fact, I'm not exercising to lose (much) weight but to tone all those areas that have been so neglected over the past few years. The odd thing is that I popped right back to my pre-pregnancy weight after having Belly and Jilly, but after D, I haven't been able to get rid of the extra 10 pounds hanging out around my mid-section.

And, man, would I like to have some muscles.

So, here goes nothing!

Photobucket

Photobucket


I've been shredding at Level 1 for five days now, starting at 140 pounds. I am now 138, and would like to get down to 130, but I cannot, will not diet. I've explained why before, and I trust that my body knows what my weight needs to be to stay healthy.

But, listen, waist? I'd like you to get rid of that flesh coat you've had on for the past few years. Really, it's getting old.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

You look great! I wish I looked that great!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Melani said...

yeah you look awesome! I have some weight to loose too, after 4 kids jeez I need to tone too! You give me inspiration Fairly Odd Mother!

Thanks!
Melani

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh. We've got the same body issues. I'm so...doughy 'round the equator.

3:33 PM  
Blogger SabrinaT said...

You look AMAZING.... I wish I looked that good after my 3 kids...

5:13 PM  
Blogger Krystan said...

Wow, you are a brave woman! Hopefully you will inspire me to "shred" myself a bit. I'm with you on that last 10 pounds.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

We are doing the 30-day Shred too! We love the show Biggest Loser and Jillian is a tough trainer so we figured if anyone can do it, she can. I have the same body shape as you too but I must confess that I was surprised. In clothes, you look like you have the perfect body shape. (Not that I think you look bad without clothes). So...glad to see the picture.

And wait until you get to Level 2...its a killer. We (KC and I ) start Level 3 Monday!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? Gasp. Faint...

I AM NOT TAKING BEFORE PHOTOS OF MYSELF. NO WAY. NO HOW. I almost ran when I saw my white ass in the three-way mirror trying on bathing suits.

You look great anyway, but kudos for trying to be more healthy. I'm using lent as my excuse to exercise every day, in the hopes that I'll get more energy, be less of a jerk before 10am and stop sweating the small stuff. OK, that's a lot, but I can hope. Or there's Starbucks. On sale this week at Target!

(And I agree-- don't diet. Or ever complain about your body in front of your girls. We are all perfect. Now how do I make these stretch marks go away?)

8:27 PM  
Blogger The Accidental Mommy said...

Hi- saw your post title on mhsrotties blog roll and had to check it out. And, it is Monday. But I usually read blogs on weekends lol! Anyway, good luck. I know how you feel I think, you look great, but I have the roll around the belly that I wish I could just shave off!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Yes, the title would work a lot better if I actually got a new post up on Monday morning! LOL, something will be up soon!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

You look fantastic and I bow to you and your guts to post pictures. Now, if you're looking for me I'll be hiding in my closet with a jar of Nutella.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home