This Page

has been moved to new address

Le Nez Couverture: c'mon, I know you want one

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots.gif") 50% 0; margin:0; padding:0 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_3dots.gif") no-repeat 250px 50px; width:700px; margin:0 auto; padding:50px 0; text-align:left; } #main { width:450px; float:right; padding:50px 0 20px; font-size:85%; } #main2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots2.gif") -100px -100px; padding:20px 10px 15px; } #sidebar { width:200px; float:left; font-size:85%; padding-bottom:20px; } #sidebar2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots2.gif") 150px -50px; padding:5px 10px 15px; width:200px; width/* */:/**/180px; width: /**/180px; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar2 { width:100%; } } html>body #main, html>body #sidebar { /* We only give this fade from white to nothing to browsers that can handle 24-bit transparent PNGs */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_white_fade.png") repeat-x left bottom; } /* Title & Description ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #blog-title { margin:0 0 .5em; font:250%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#353; } #blog-title a { color:#353; text-decoration:none; } #description { margin:0 0 1.75em; color:#996; } #blog-mobile-title { display:none; } #description-mobile { display:none; } } @media handheld { #blog-title { display:none; } #description { display:none; } #blog-mobile-title { display:block; margin:0 0 .5em; font:250%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#353; } #blog-mobile-title a { color:#353; text-decoration:none; } #description-mobile { display:block; margin:0 0 1.75em; color:#996; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#488; } a:visited { color:#885; } a:hover { color:#000; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.35em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font:95%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.3em; color:#663; } .post { margin:0 0 2.5em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-title { margin:.25em 0; font:bold 130%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } .post-title a, .post-title strong { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_post_title.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; display:block; color:#333; text-decoration:none; padding:0 0 1px 45px; } .post-title a:hover { color:#000; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { margin:0; text-align:right; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; color:#996; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #cca; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; border-top:1px dotted #9b9; padding-top:.5em; font:bold 110%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } #comments-block { line-height:1.6em; } .comment-poster { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .35em; margin:.5em 0 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#996; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#996; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* More Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { margin:2em 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.35em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font:95%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.3em; color:#663; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } #sidebar ul { margin:.5em 0 1em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bullet.gif") no-repeat 3px .45em; margin:0; padding:0 0 5px 15px; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-datablock { margin:0 0 1em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 8px 5px 0; border:4px solid #cc9; } .profile-data { margin:0; line-height:1.5em; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } .profile-textblock { clear:left; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; padding:15px 0 0; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding-left: 20px }

Fairly Odd Mother

Frantically waving my magic wand to make wishes come true.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Le Nez Couverture: c'mon, I know you want one

Photobucket

Jilly, my little sprite, the one with the munchkin voice who flits around here like a ballerina on stimulants, will be six in a couple short weeks.

Six!

As hard as it is for me to accept that I have an eight-year-old daughter, it is even harder for me to wrap my head around Jilly turning 6. Maybe it is because I can still lift her with one arm, or because she still prefers to sit on my lap than anywhere else.

Maybe because she's "little" physically, I keep her little in my brain.

I think I expect less of her because of this: when she reads or does math in her head, I'm thrilled. When she goes to a playdate at a friend's house without me, I marvel at her independence. When she does her chores without being asked, I beam.

When she makes me a nose blanket all by herself, I am stunned by her ingenuity.

What? You do not know what a nose blanket is? Why, it's a. . .oh, I'll just show you:

Photobucket


Hey, my nose gets cold easily. What's a girl going to do?

So thanks Jilly, my smart little inventor. I think you are on to something.

And, I think D is trying to tell you something:


Photobucket

"My nose is cold too!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a guest post today on MamaPop. If you would like to read of my affection for an Italian chef, I'll see you over there.

And, check out Fairly Odd Reviews for a little shout-out to the ball of fur in my life.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I am going to be able to handle my baby turning six either, (And my oldest is about to be ten!!) But the youngest shes my baby, (And also still only like 35 lbs)I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the six thing, and I still have several months.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

What? They turn six? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around four. Sometimes he wakes up from a nap & I swear he is taller.

Hey--nice nose blankie.

Oh, and...methinks Ben might have the same kitty cat Jilly is holding in that picture. Ours is named Meow.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nose blankie is awesome! Lucky you, having an inventor like Jilly on hand to take care of your nose-warming needs. :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

You really need to get her an etsy shop and sell them blankies. Happy birthday to you all.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that after I have this baby, it's not allowed to turn one, much less six =) Good luck wrapping your head around six in time for seven =)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Six is a BIG age and a LOT of fun.
I know what you mean - my Baby is both the youngest AND very, very small and so I underestimate her - which keeps her EXTRA-spunky.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh.It's like a nasal pashmina.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Issa said...

A nose blankie? That is awesome. She's adorable by the way.

I am not yet used to having a seven year old. But my little girl turning five? Going to kindergarten. Sob. Can't handle it. :)

10:39 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

Considering how cold my nose can get, I think there just might be a market for those babies.

Where did you get her argyle tee?

12:35 AM  
Blogger Sus said...

funny, Frannie was Cal's age when Cal came along, and we all thought of her as plenty old enough to be a big sister. so why does Cal still seem like a baby? must be that youngest child thing. they really will always be our babies.

ps. jilly is darling. and you too, with your nose blanket.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home