This Page

has been moved to new address

I Just Want to Pump You Up

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots.gif") 50% 0; margin:0; padding:0 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_3dots.gif") no-repeat 250px 50px; width:700px; margin:0 auto; padding:50px 0; text-align:left; } #main { width:450px; float:right; padding:50px 0 20px; font-size:85%; } #main2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots2.gif") -100px -100px; padding:20px 10px 15px; } #sidebar { width:200px; float:left; font-size:85%; padding-bottom:20px; } #sidebar2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_dots2.gif") 150px -50px; padding:5px 10px 15px; width:200px; width/* */:/**/180px; width: /**/180px; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar2 { width:100%; } } html>body #main, html>body #sidebar { /* We only give this fade from white to nothing to browsers that can handle 24-bit transparent PNGs */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_white_fade.png") repeat-x left bottom; } /* Title & Description ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #blog-title { margin:0 0 .5em; font:250%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#353; } #blog-title a { color:#353; text-decoration:none; } #description { margin:0 0 1.75em; color:#996; } #blog-mobile-title { display:none; } #description-mobile { display:none; } } @media handheld { #blog-title { display:none; } #description { display:none; } #blog-mobile-title { display:block; margin:0 0 .5em; font:250%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#353; } #blog-mobile-title a { color:#353; text-decoration:none; } #description-mobile { display:block; margin:0 0 1.75em; color:#996; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#488; } a:visited { color:#885; } a:hover { color:#000; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.35em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font:95%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.3em; color:#663; } .post { margin:0 0 2.5em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-title { margin:.25em 0; font:bold 130%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } .post-title a, .post-title strong { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bg_post_title.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; display:block; color:#333; text-decoration:none; padding:0 0 1px 45px; } .post-title a:hover { color:#000; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { margin:0; text-align:right; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; color:#996; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 .25em; padding-left:15px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #cca; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; border-top:1px dotted #9b9; padding-top:.5em; font:bold 110%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; color:#333; } #comments-block { line-height:1.6em; } .comment-poster { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .35em; margin:.5em 0 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#996; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#996; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* More Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar-title { margin:2em 0 .75em; padding-bottom:.35em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font:95%/1.4em Georgia,Serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.3em; color:#663; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } #sidebar ul { margin:.5em 0 1em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/dots/bullet.gif") no-repeat 3px .45em; margin:0; padding:0 0 5px 15px; } #sidebar p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-datablock { margin:0 0 1em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 8px 5px 0; border:4px solid #cc9; } .profile-data { margin:0; line-height:1.5em; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } .profile-textblock { clear:left; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; padding:15px 0 0; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding-left: 20px }

Fairly Odd Mother

Frantically waving my magic wand to make wishes come true.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I Just Want to Pump You Up


A day I have been dreading and anticipating has arrived: I have finished the 30-day Shred.

Anyone who has done Level 3 of The Shred knows why I couldn't wait to finish. In fact, after every completed set of exercises yesterday, I sputtered out, "DONE!" as if I would never have to work as hard again in my life.

Ha.


So, why the "dreading"? Well, I knew I'd post photos and, frankly, I was worried about these. Did I really look that different? What's with this skin still around my belly button area.

Oh, so you mean to tell me that I've got to keep working at this?

Overall, I'm thrilled to have done this program. I started it on March 2 and finished on April 6---a little more than 30 days but those selective days off were good when my knee or neck was bothering me.

OK, OK, enough writing---here are the photos:

Before from the side:
Shred start


20 days in:
Shred 20 days in



Day 30:
Photobucket

And, from the front, before:
Photobucket


20 days in
:
Photobucket


Day 30:

finished shred

(yeah, I know my photographs aren't exactly the same crops, zooms and brightness; I'm working on that)

I started at 138 pounds, which isn't bad for a 5'9" red-blooded woman, but considering that I have "small bones" and the bustline of a 12 year old, 138 feels a little too fleshy.

About halfway through the Shred, I was startled to see that I actually GAINED two pounds and was up to 140. I reasoned that perhaps the extra weight was muscle. Or pizza.

But, after that high, I lost a bit. I'm down to 136 right now. I'd like to get down to about 130 but I'm not going to freak out about it. My weight for most of my thirties was 125, but when I look at photos from that time, I look a little too angle-y and all limbs.

Plus, now, I feel different. My arms are muscley---not in a way that anyone would notice, but I feel muscles in my forearms that I never knew I had before. My midriff is tighter and, although I have a bit of a pooch, it isn't as thick as it used to be.

But, perhaps the biggest reason to do this? I raked all of my flower beds on Sunday (after Shredding) and didn't hurt afterward. I can chase the kids and not get winded. I run up and down the stairs a zillion times without feeling like I'm "gargling my heart".

And, you know, I think I've even warmed up to Jillian. After all, anyone who can get me off my butt for 30 days is pretty amazing.

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Moments Of Mom said...

The biggest benefit I have found about any work out routine is that it makes you feel good. It makes you feel good to run up the stairs with out huffing and puffing, it makes you feel good to chase the kids, cook dinner and rake the flower bed, without collapsing in a heap on the couch. So while you might not "lose" weight, I'll bet dollars to donuts (I love that saying sorry)that you gained muscle, decreased your blood pressure, improved your heart health, and if you continue you will improve your good cholesterol.
Trust me, I've been there, no huge weight loss, but better over all health. That's the best reward of all.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Motherhood Uncensored said...

Seriously, your stomach is way flatter.

8:51 AM  
Blogger AnnetteK said...

You've done great! I think the most important thing is that you feel better, stronger. So are you going to keep shredding or try something new?

8:52 AM  
Blogger sam {temptingmama} said...

DOOD! Great work!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Mr Lady said...

You were supposed to say that it didn't do anything at all and that I could resume eating ding dongs and watching Oprah. Curse you.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

You look great but you always did! I think for us its more saying we did something instead of just talking about it!

Now that you kind of like Jillian you should watch Biggest Loser...its our favorite show!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Sarahviz said...

Yay for you!! I need to do this soooo bad, with pictures to hold me accountable. But I'm skeered. I did Level 2 for the first time (again, that is) on Fri and am JUST NOW RECOVERING.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Mama Goose said...

Nice job! I'm a big believer that it's not what the scale says, it's how you feel. But you look great! Congrats!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Wow...what awesome results! That's really motivating, and you should be really proud of yourself!

Wow, my verification word is "an arse"! Okay, it's "anarse" but the space makes it better.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Wow...can I use the word Wow more often? Why don't I read these before clicking "publish"? :(

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Boston Mamas said...

AWESOMENESS! Congrats to you!! -Christine

12:44 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

GOOD FOR YOU! You look awesome.
I am thinking about ordering that dvd although Jillian scares me more than a little bit....

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

I think it's definitely muscle, because even if the weight loss seems minimal, you can definitely progress! Well done! Congratulations!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Steph. said...

Love that last arm shot. You rock! I'm so tempted to get that, but I'm seeing a trainer right now. I've had the same thing with the weight. I gained a bunch of muscle and have only lost about 10 pounds (well about 8 right now) total. Disappointing because I'm 5-8 and NOT 138 pounds (or even close). I do have a chest and a larger frame, but still...hope for the scale to go down a bit more too but at least I feel great!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Melani said...

You look awesome!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Velma said...

I'm so impressed by all you shredders! Congratulations!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I hate you. You look fabulous. I hate you.

*smooch*

6:34 PM  
Blogger Krystan said...

Very impressive muscle tone! You look great. Seriously, not getting out of breath is key, and the reason I'm going to try to stick with it myself.

9:53 PM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

so awesome! i have noticed a difference in EVERYONE'S midsection who did this workout! i'm still working on level 2 and taking LOTS of time going through it. haven't started 3 yet. HAHAHA

12:20 PM  
Anonymous hippo brigade said...

Way to go! That is a huge accomplishment. And hey, you ass got a good work-out too! Sorry, I'll admit, I was checking out your ass.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Sunshine State said...

I think those are great results for 30 days.

And the loose belly button area? Ummmm, 3 pregnancies? Didn't you have an outie belly button? Mine never recovered.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Julie Marsh said...

You look fabulous! Seriously.

And I had no idea you were 5'9". You've got five inches on me.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright I've never seen someone actually post pictures of their tummy before! I am so laughing right now. But kudos to you for your boldness, your courage, your transparency. I don't even know you yet I admire you. Odd.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Live Simply Mommy said...

Wow, you are a woman after my own heart! I am 5'9' and 132 pounds. Which is an ok weight, if I could carry more in the upper half! I am in the midst of a Fitness Challenge with my husband to try to get back to my pre-kids 125 pounds (and gain more energy) So great job!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home